Cape Girardeau, MO
Come join our team as a production employee!
Why join Tipton Linen?
- Weekly bonus for perfect attendance!
- NO weekends, NO evenings, NO Wednesdays – 4 10-hour days!
- Early hours (7:30 AM – 3:30 PM)
- Competitive PTO, excellent medical, dental, vision and retirement (with a match)
- Be part of a growing small business focused on teamwork and collaboration
What You Will Do
The ideal candidate for this position will need to be able to be cross-trained to perform a variety of tasks that may include:
- Receiving and sorting laundry
- Operating equipment such as dryers and ironers
- Bundling clean garments to be re-distributed to our customers
- Grasp textiles from a cart/bin then sort, inspect and grade according to quality standards.
- Fold, assemble and package by hand different types and sizes of textiles
- Feed different types and sizes of textiles into ironers or folding machines
- Place finished product onto conveyors or into carts, dump slings of product onto work tables
- Move loaded or empty carts/bins within the production area
- Process textiles according to type and written packing instructions
- Continuously meet efficiency and safety standards for the position.
- Follow instructions as directed by supervision
- Keep work area neat and clean
- Recognize colors and sizes, count and sort accurately
- Recognize, inspect and grade product
- Comprehend and follow written packing instructions
- Comprehend and follow direction
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical demands consist of standing, walking, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting up to 25 pounds and stooping.
- Physical requirements consist of being able to meet the physical demands for the entire shift.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust.
Job Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week
Tipton Linen & Custom Matting provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.’
- One location
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.10 per hour
About Tipton Linen
We're a local, family-owned company and plan on keeping it that way.
Quality of materials and service is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centered around the betterment of our customers, our employees, and the business as a whole. If this mission appeals to you, then you sound like our kind of person!